Subject: Re: Bone joints - they look awful
From: [email-masked] (Dan Ablan)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 1996 08:26:01 -0800

> I've just set up a skeletal structure for a character I'm working
>on, and everything deforms well with the bones except for the joints.  They
>look awful.  It looks they're being folded, instead of retaining their
>natural shape.  Does anybody know how to work around this?  I've tried
>shifting the pivot points of the bones relative to the joint, but it hasn't
>done much good.  Should I be modifying the model in some way so that the
>joints will deform better with bones?

        I think you made need to use more bones, but smaller ones.
        It sounds like you are also moving the bones too much. 
        Less is more.

        Dan Ablan
________________________________________________

AGA DIGITAL STUDIOS
Chicago
[email-masked]
(312) 649-9391

http://www.mcs.com/~dma/home.html
________________________________________________